New Feature: Window Into Our Lives, share your window too!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fabulous Tips!

All of the tips you wrote are truly fabulous, but we all had to pick our favorite. As tough as it was, I present you with our favorite tips:

Shana's tip - When washing your pillows if you put a few clean tennis balls in the wash with them, the filling in your pillows won't bunch up as bad.

Team Cooper's Tip - I take a picture of each of her masterpieces and save it on the computer and eventually on a CD (so after its time on the refridgerator it finally makes its way to the trash and Trinity seems OK with this arrangement). This way we have kept it without actually keeping it. (This is also good for those things made with perishable items like marshmallows, popcorn, etc...) I also love this because I can run a slideshow of just her art on the computer, share it with distant relatives and sometimes post here on the blog.

Mrs. MandyPoo's Tip - If you get a scratch on a CD, rub toothpaste (the kind without any type of beads in it) over the entire CD and let it dry. Then take a cotton ball and wipe the toothpaste off from the inside out. (Start at the center and wipe in a straight line towards the outside of the CD. Keep doing it all the way around the CD). You will probably go through numerous cotton balls and if you let the toothpaste dry too long, it can take you a few minutes to rub off, but I've used this technique quite a few times and it has worked each time!

Stacey's Tip
- My tips: 1. We like to sleep and are rushed every morning to get out the door on time so to help manage the morning I get outfits (for both kids and myself) for the week ready on Sunday. I get everything ready: for Ella that includes shoes, socks, panties, hairbows, bracelets, necklace, etc. This eliminates rushing around at the last minute looking for something to wear or a hairbow that matches!! 2. My best friend could write a book on tips!! My two favorite quick tips that I learned from her: If you are boiling something and it getting close to the top just spray some PAM (spray oil) and it will keep it from boiling over!! 3. If the zipper on your favorite pants won't stay up just spray it with hairspray and that will keep it up!!

Which tip is YOUR favorite? We want to know! Leave your vote here in the comments, then run over and leave a comment for the tipster, too!

Remember, the tip with the most votes by March 31st will win the See Me Read Kit!

17 comments:

Natalie said...

I vote for Team Cooper and taking pictures of my little one's art work!

Mandy said...

Well, I don't know if I'm allowed to vote since my tip made it to your favorites - thanks so much, by the way!!!

If I can vote I'd love to vote for my own, but if it's not allowed, I really like Stacey's tip about spraying Pam on the top of your boiler...

Thanks again!

Andrea said...

I definitely vote for MandyPoo's toothpaste tip! That is so cool. :)

Tarasview said...

I vote for Team Cooper's tip! What a wonderful idea!

Unknown said...

Go Team Cooper - what a great way to preserve your child's artwork!!

3 Girls and a Daddy said...

I vote for Team Coopers tip... who has space to store all that artwork? Great idea!

The Diaz Traveling Circus said...

I vote for Team Cooper! The less clutter the better!

Kristin said...

I will put in my two sense I love the idea of taking pictures of your child's art work. Sometimes you want to save everything and you can't. Great tip!! :)

Toothpaste is a great one too.

Christy said...

The pictures onto CD is a great idea. I have my son put a handprint on our Christmas tree skirt each year. All the way around will be his hands as he grows. =o)

Stacey Moore said...

love the cd of art work tip!! thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Stacey!!!

Amira M said...

team cooper...i like less clutter too!

Anonymous said...

Team Cooper's Tip is my favorite...I've actually already started doing this! What a neat way to save all those "masterpieces" without all the clutter! Love that tip! Thanks!
sblilly14(@)yahoo(.)com

Carrie said...

Team Cooper's tip is my favorite. Definitely going to have to incorporate that one!

Tara said...

Definitely Team Cooper's tip...but 2nd is the boiling over tip.

Brandy said...

I definitely have to vote for Team Cooper. Great tip!

Unknown said...

Gosh...toughie....see I do the save pictures of the kids art work thingy too (that was my Works for Me Wed recently lol) but I NEEDED to learn about the toothpate for cd's to save my Tobey Keith!

Tobey and I vote Mrs. MandyPoo's Tip and we THANK YOU!!!

Alyson @ 3 P's in a Pod